Looking for reliable car park surfacing contractors?
We are A&MT Contractors, a family-run business with depots in Peterborough, Lincoln City and Romford. As specialist car park surfacing contractors with over 40 years’ experience, we’ve worked on hundreds of projects all over the UK.
Get a Quote
Car Park Surfacing Specialists
A&MT Contractors do design and building to achieve the maximum capacity. We offer a complete car park surface solutions service, including resurfacing, emergency 48-hour pothole repair, and car park line marking, and we can use resin bound aggregates or tarmac depending on your preference. We can also advise on the type of surfaces required to suit your environment and needs.
We have all the machinery and operatives necessary to achieve the highest standard of workmanship and ensure our clients are happy with the finished product.
From constructing a single parking bay to hundreds, we tailor all our services to suit our clients and treat every job with priority, no matter how small.
You can count on us seven days a week with a reliable service that works around your schedule. With over half of our clients being repeat customers, we’re proud of the strong working relationship we’ve developed.
Our ServicesPrevious ProjectsLocations We ServeWhy Choose A&MTFAQs
What Car Park Surfacing Services Do We Offer?
We cover all aspects of work, including:
Car Park Construction:
This is the complete construction of a car park and everything it involves, including drainage, line marking and street lighting. You can see everything included below:
- Line and bay markings: Our in-house road marking team uses specialist painting materials to create professional line markings and asphalt signage.
- Drainage design: We are specialist drainage designers and can install or repair all forms of gully drainage systems.
- Set out levels: We’ll make sure your new surface is totally level, avoiding drainage issues and ensuring that your car park lasts for years to come.
- Final grading: An all-important step before the foundations are laid. Precision grading will result in a flat, level surface.
- Concrete kerbing: Providing the perfect finishing touch, concrete kerbing can elevate the look of your car park, making the site both safer and more aesthetically pleasing.
- Directional signage: Need to tell your visitors where to go? We can place directional signage on posts or on the surface itself.
- Oil interceptors: We can install these to collect oil residue, preventing it from reaching your car park’s drainage system and causing environmental issues.
- CCTV ducting and posts: Want to monitor your car park with CCTV? We can install the necessary provisions for you.
- Street lighting: Our contractors can install a variety of different lighting systems to suit your budget and requirements.
- Speed reduction ramps, including ‘table tops’: A great way of keeping your car park safe for pedestrians and motorists alike.
- Base and surface courses: Hard-wearing and designed to last, we can lay durable base and surface courses suitable for high-traffic car parks.
Car Park Resurfacing:
This service covers all areas of resurfacing car parks to breathe a new lease of life into them and improve the quality for everyone using it. The service includes:
- Reinstating potholes: We’re available 24 hours a day for emergency pothole repairs, and always aim to complete them within 48 hours of your initial call.
- Resurfacing and repairs: Whatever you need, whenever you need it, there’s no job too big or small for our team.
- Excavate and remove spoils: We’ll leave your site tidy and ready to use, minimising disruption to your employees, visitors and customers.
- Fix grated or dished channels with built-in silt boxes: Prevent silt or soil from entering your drainage system.
Our Car Park Construction Process
- When we receive your email message or phone call, we’ll reply to arrange a mutually convenient time to conduct a site survey. We’re operational 24 hours a day, so no matter which time is best for you and your business, we’ll be able to accommodate you. The site survey is free of charge.
- With the site survey complete and your requirements established, we’ll be able to provide you with a free, no obligation quote and let you know how long it will take to complete the project. If you’re happy to go ahead, we’ll arrange a convenient date for work to begin.
- Before we start laying your surface of choice, we’ll begin preparing the area. Completing thorough prep work allows us to deliver not only a fantastic finish, but one that will stand the test of time.
- Our contractors will begin laying the surface. Taking great care at every stage of the process, we’ll construct a car park you can be proud of – no matter which surface you choose.
What Car Parking Surface Materials Can We Use?
Tarmac: A popular surfacing material for car parks, driveways and roads. Commonly identified by its very distinct black colour, it’s typically made with a combination of tar and crushed stone or aggregate. Learn more about or expert tarmac surfacing contractors.
Resin Bound Surfaces: A very versatile surface material that is both highly durable and stylish. Available in a range of colours, this long-lasting material remains aesthetically pleasing for years. Learn more about our resin bound surfacing.
Asphalt: Equally popular, asphalt is similar in appearance to tarmac but contains less external materials, making it even more durable. Ideal for high-traffic areas or car parks frequented by heavyweight vehicles, asphalt is a reliable option. Find out more about our asphalt contractors.
Gravel: The most affordable surface choice of them all, gravel is aesthetically pleasing and is ideally suited to heritage sites. We can offer a variety of styles and colours to complement your building’s appearance. Contact us to find out more.
Our Clients and Past Projects
We have constructed car parks for some of the UK’s largest companies including: Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Matalan, Travis Perkins, and McDonald’s.
Councils: Our specialist knowledge and experience has been trusted by councils across the country, including Peterborough Council and the Corporation of London. For each project we had to take extra special care with health and safety as work was often completed on public ground.
Listed Buildings: From Peterborough Cathedral, to Burghley House, to the Palace of Westminster, we’ve completed surfacing projects next to some of the country’s most treasured historic buildings. Our expertise enabled us to use the commercial machinery without causing any damage to the listed buildings.
Supermarkets: We’re a trusted contractor for a number of top supermarkets in the UK, including Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and Waitrose. We have a strong understanding of layout and design to ensure maximum capacity and a hassle-free shopping experience for customers. We also have a working knowledge of health and safety requirements for completing works on public ground safely.
The Haycock Manor Hotel: We have worked with the prestigious Haycock Manor Hotel to resurface their driveway and roadway, along with adding improved car park drainage and CCTV. You can learn more about how we helped The Haycock with their car park surfacing.
Shurgard Storage: We’ve completed projects for a number of Shurgard Storage depots in the past, but most recently resurfaced the car park of a depot in London. The facility remained fully operational while work was completed thanks to the temporary installation of safety barriers, allowing us to get to work without disrupting customers. In just three days, we resurfaced the entire yard and parking area. Find out more about the work we did for Shurgard Storage.
Contact us today for friendly advice from our specialist team of car park surfacing contractors, or call us on 01733 807999 for Peterborough or 01708 874667 for London.
Locations We Serve
Our depots are based in Lincoln, Peterborough, and Romford. We’ve completed car park surface solutions and construction works across London, the East Midlands, and the whole of the UK. We pride ourselves on offering a friendly, local business experience, not just in our home towns, but all over the country.
We serve the whole of the UK, in particular the South-East of England, however some of the more popular locations we serve include:
- Cambridgeshire: Cambridge, Peterborough, Ely, Huntingdon
- Lincolnshire: Lincoln, Grantham, Spalding
- London: Romford, Croydon, Saffron Walden, Kingston-upon-Thames, Wimbledon
Why Choose A&MT?
There are many reasons to choose A&MT as your dedicated car park surfacing contractors:
- Trusted family business since 1976
- Emergency pothole repair team – can complete within 48 hours of your call!
- Available 24/7, seven days a week – including bank holidays
- No quibble guarantee
- Specialist drainage designers
- Street Works Certification (SWQR Operative and Monitoring)
- Accredited by City & Guilds
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to build a car park?
Car park surfacing costs vary depending on the material you choose, the level of prep work required and the size of the area. Contact us today for a tailored quote.
How long does it take to construct a car park?
This will vary depending on a number of factors, but we have in the past been able to resurface entire car parks in just a day or two. We’ll work around your schedule to minimise disruption to your business and its customers.
What are the best car park surfacing materials?
Contact Us Today
We would recommend either tarmac or resin bound surfaces, as they’re versatile, durable and comparatively cost-effective to install and maintain.