With over 40 years’ experience in the trade, AMT are specialist resin bound surfacing contractors who offer high quality driveways, patios and pathways.
AMT supplies a wide-range of resin bound surfaces, all with a quick and efficient service to suit you. We only source the finest quality resin aggregates and operate with great care to ensure optimal strength and durability.
As a family-run business, we operate a policy where no job is too big or small, meaning we give as much attention and quality service to all our projects.
With our expertise, premium-quality materials and a smooth client experience, we’ve established ourselves as one of the best surfacing contractors in the East Midlands and London.
Get a Quote
What Are Resin Bound Surfaces?The ProcessGet in TouchAreas We Work InWho We Work WithWhy Choose UsFAQs
What are resin bound surfaces?
Favoured for being a versatile surfacing material that is highly durable, resin bound surfaces are formulated with a mixture of aggregate stones and resin. They are a popular choice for driveways, patios and garden pathways.
Benefits of resin bound aggregates
There are a number of benefits to choosing resin bound aggregates for your surfacing project:
- With a large range of colours and mixtures available, resin bound aggregates are a versatile surfacing option.
- Resin is resistant to both hot and cold weather conditions, making it a practical and sustainable choice. You won’t have to worry about your surface softening or fading in the summer and it won’t freeze or crack in the winter either.
- A long-lasting, durable surface, resin-bound paving is built to last and should remain aesthetically pleasing for years to come.
To learn more about our resin aggregates and how it could help transform your driveway, speak to our friendly team today.
The resin bound surface process
From the groundworks through to the finishing touches, we follow a 5-step process to build your dream driveway:
- We begin by excavating and compacting the ground, or base layer.
- A membrane is applied to prevent contamination between the soil and the sub-base layer. This sub-base is produced with a reduced amount of fines to improve drainage.
- An open textured base course can then be applied.
- Resin and aggregate is carefully mixed together in a rotary paddle mixer. This mixture is then transported to the working area in wheelbarrows.
- Our fully trained in-house tradesmen then evenly spread the resin mixture to the required thickness and level the surface using hand-held steel trowels.
Our team is dedicated to offering a flawless finish that meets your requirements.
As drainage specialists, we can make sure your driveway is built to efficiently drain rainwater. We can also add those finishing touches to personalise the look of your outdoor spaces, including edging to create boundaries.
Get in touch with us
To get in touch with us, simply give our team a call.
We’ll discuss your project and arrange a free site visit at a time to suit you. Once we have a better understanding of your requirements, we will provide you with a free estimate.
If you’re happy with the quote and the contract, we will arrange a date and time for the work to commence. Unlike other contractors, we guarantee to complete on schedule.
Areas we work in
With depots in Peterborough and Romford, our contractors are able to complete projects across the UK. No matter how big or small the project, we can tailor our services to suit your needs and schedule. We’ll provide the same level of service for all our clients and make sure you’re satisfied with the work.
Who we work with
We provide resin bound surfacing for both domestic and commercial clients. Our commercial clients include public organisations and some of the UK’s leading private companies, such as Perkins Engines, McDonald’s, and Keyline Builders Merchants.
If you think we could help you with your residential or commercial resin driveway project, contact us today to arrange your free site visit or discuss what we have to offer.
Why choose us
- Specialist resin bound surfacing contractors
- Trusted family business since 1976
- Emergency 48 hr pothole repair service
- Available 24/7, seven days a week, including bank holidays
- No quibble guarantee to complete on schedule
- Free no-obligation quote and advice
Is a resin bound surface the right choice for my driveway?
Our team of experts can offer their qualified opinion on whether a resin bound surface is the right material for your driveway, patio or pathway. If we don’t think it’s the right material, we’ll explain why and suggest a more suitable alternative. To arrange a free site visit with one of our experts, contact us today.
What happens when I arrange a site visit?
Our sales director can arrange a site visit to advise on the thickness of your resin bound driveway and discuss any extra requirements or finishing touches, including drainage and edging for boundaries. Once we have a better idea of what you require, we can provide a free, no-obligation quote.
Do I need planning permission?
When replacing your driveway, patio or path, you will not need planning permission if you are using a porous surface material like resin.